Internet Download Manager (IDM) is one of the important programs that must be installed on your device because you will definitely need it. The function of downloading with the wonderful Internet Download Manager is to download files from the Internet to your computer in a way that is independent of Internet browsers; it grabs the download link and divides it into several sections, then downloads them together, which increases the download speed by 5 times and arranges your downloads in an organized way so that it is easy for you to get the download you want by simply searching in that list.
Intelligent file segmentation and secure multipart download technology are two aspects of IDM’s sophisticated download logic accelerator. You may speed up downloads by doing this. In contrast to other accelerators and download managers, Internet Download Manager dynamically divides downloaded files as the download progresses. For the optimum acceleration performance, it reuses already established connections without requiring new connect or login phases.
Free Download Manager also grabs media download links such as audio, images, and videos as soon as they appear on the page you are browsing. The program icon will appear so that if you want to download it, you will only need to press the button next to the program icon. The program has become very popular in the past 10 years, and its popularity has increased. IDM has become the best download program. As the number of its users reached more than 300 million users, all of this did not happen in a vacuum, but because downloading Internet Download Manager really deserves success because of its many wonderful features.
Internet Download Manager for PC
Internet Download Manager is a tool for PC that allows you to download files from the Internet at high speeds. It is one of the most popular download managers and has been downloaded more than 300 million times.
Internet Download Manager is a great tool for downloading large files. It can resume interrupted downloads and schedule downloads at a later time. It also supports multiple connections, so you can download from multiple sources at the same time.
IDM can be installed on your computer and used to manage your downloads. It can also be used to schedule downloads and set download limits.
IDM is a useful tool for managing and scheduling downloads. It can help you keep track of your downloads and make sure that they are completed successfully.
How does IDM Internet Manager work on a PC?
Internet Download Manager is very simple in its work. After installing the program on your device, it will launch an extension for your internet browsers, for example, “Google Chrome, Firefox, Baidu Spark browser, Opera browser.” This add-on installs the program inside the browser and, once its work is activated, it monitors all the pages you enter and analyzes them to find any type of audio or video, and sometimes even oversized images. If any of the above is found, it immediately shows a green rectangular icon when you click on it, and the download starts right away. If you are downloading a particular link from any site, once you click on the link, the program converts it for itself and then starts splitting and downloading it.
Features of Internet Download Manager
Fast and compatible: Download the latest version of the Download Manager, which is characterized by fast response and speed of download, as it does not represent any burden on the system due to its small size, which does not exceed 6 MB. Moreover, it is compatible with all browsers, even unknown ones, and when you download, this will not affect On the performance of your device, if you are working on other programs, you can also drag the link you want to download to the program so that it works to download it from the waiting list.
Download media files: The download manager is able to detect any kind of media on the pages the user is browsing. For example, you can simply download videos from YouTube as well as download audio clips from SoundCloud and other popular platforms.
Scan: idm download manager performs a quick scan of downloaded files before opening them. It is not considered a scan in the conventional sense, but it may inform the protection program you are using that there is specific malware in the files that the protection program itself may not be able to detect, and therefore it is a great feature.
Language support: download manager for PC supports many languages, including English, French, German, and many more. You can easily change the language by entering the settings, then from the Display section, choosing the language.
How to use Download Manager
Assuming that you have already downloaded and installed IDM, follow these steps to start using it:
1. open IDM and click on the “Add URL” button
2. in the “Address” field, enter the URL of the file you want to download
3. set the desired output directory and file name in the “Save to” field
4. click on the “Start” button
5. IDM will now start downloading the file
Alternatives to Internet Download Manager
There are a number of alternatives to Internet Download Manager (IDM) that can be used to manage downloads. Some of these alternatives are free, while others are paid.
1. Free Download Manager: This is a popular alternative to IDM that is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. It has a simple interface and supports a number of features including download acceleration, scheduling, and more.
2. JDownloader: This is another popular alternative that is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. It supports a wide range of sites and has a number of features including download acceleration and automatic extraction of archives.
3. uGet: This is a lightweight alternative that is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. It has a clean interface and support for a variety of features such as download queueing and scheduling.
1. Folx: This is a popular option for Mac users that offers both free and paid versions. It has a clean interface and supports features such as download acceleration, tagging, and integration with Apple’s iCloud service.
2. SpeedBit Download Accelerator Plus: This is a paid option that is available for Windows that offers many features such as download acceleration, malware protection, browser integration, etc.
|Software Name||Internet Download Manager (IDM)|
|File size||10.79 MB|
|Software Version||Internet Download Manager 6.41 Build 3|
|Requirements||Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10 / Windows 11|